1 kg mutton with bones
2 onions cubed
1 big tomato cubed
2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Bunch of fresh coriander(cilantro) finely chopped
Bunch of fresh mint finely chopped
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 tablespoons lemon or 3 tablespoons vinegar
2 cups oats
Salt to taste
Boil mutton in salty water until soft. Sieve the soup and remove the
meat from the bones. Throw the bones and cube the meat
Heat oil (medium heat) in a cooking pan and fry onions until transparent then add ginger-garlic paste and all the ground spices. Fry for few seconds making sure nothing burns
Add tomatoes and fry for 10 seconds then add the soup, the meat, the chopped coriander and mint
Mix the oats in water and add to the soup. Also add in the lemon or vinegar
Let it boil for 1 or 2 minutes to cook the oats
Soup is ready
The content of this blog is protected under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
- ► 2011 (14)
- Going Green with Wooden Houses?
- Wooden House in Belize
- The Importance of Stupidity in Scientific Research...
- Eating Manners Taught by my Parents
- Migrating to the US/Europe: Is the Grass Really Gr...
- Healthy Living: Genetically Modified Food
- World Cup Opening Ceremony – African Show Stolen b...
- Tourism in Kenya
- National Parks and Wildlife Reserves
- Bloggers Introduction Lines
- Everything was Just a Click Away?
- Mutton Soup
- Sesame Pan Bread
- Beautiful Butterfly
- ▼ June (14)
- Mombasa, Kenya
- I started blogging while in Belize Central America, I'm now back in Kenya. I like to express, share and learn different cultures and lifestyles. I've open my window for you to join me and continue the inspiration. Look and experience the world through my window.