Blogger Widgets
Labels:

Why I Started Blogging

The reason I started blogging is because I realised I had so much in my brain and wanted to let it out, share and learn about others. I thought what a better way to do that than to start my own website. But then I realize I had to be at least HTML literate to manage and keep my own website which I was not. That was too much for me then and I didn't want to go there so I decided to either do blogger or wordpress. My choice is clear.

When I started I really did not know what I was getting myself into. I went online looking for blogger templates but always there was one thing in each template that I did not like. I had no idea that I could change the layout of a template in anyway I want. At last I selected from pyzam which I believed at that time had the best blogger
template. Only to realize later it is just an original minima blogger template style which they just added different backgrounds and color layout.

Then I started writing and noticed that I have to add some gadgets. When I browsed through other blogger pages I got ideas on how to change my layout. There is always something I wanted to change and it is so frustrating when you try to change something and it doesn't work. It made me feel stupid whenever I wanted to edit my page I had to search online and copy and paste codes which I was clueless about. I got tired of feeling stupid and decided to take action. I always approach challenges with the full belief that there is nothing I cannot do, if someone else can do it so can I and maybe even push further.

With that spirit I have at last decided to learn about HTML and CSS. I'm self teaching myself as I did with almost all the computer softwares I came across. Looking at an HTML page is no longer looking at codes from planet Mars. Though I just began last week and not even quarter way through the training, I can actually interpret main parts of an HTML page, what a relief!

Even if it will take me 2 to 3 months to finish the training, it will be worth the trouble. The feeling of feeling like an idiot will be gone and I'll be able to manipulate my blog any way I want.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Abusive language is absolutely not tolerated. Thanks for the visit and comment.